Pink

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

To Heaven and Back by Mary C. Neal, MD

For many years I've been intrigued with the concept of near death; my main desire for knowledge of and an assurance of life after death. I've personally known three people who have had this type of experience but I either missed opportunity to or was afraid to ask about it. I've read or started to read books and stories of those who claim to have had this experience. More often than not I've dismissed their claim or refused to finish reading the book, as in those cases the words rang false. I've found reading Mary C. Neal's story to be a different experience in a very positive way. As I read her story I found I was thinking, reflecting and pondering on the meaning and teaching in her words. Through her I have gained a new hope and perspective for my own life. Initially I was a little hesitant to read her book, both based on past experiences of books of this nature as well as some less than favorable reviews. I am now very thankful I gave it a chance. While her story gives very limited detail of her time on the other side of life, I find that to be a positive aspect of her book as that, to me, is believable. Of that she gives us just enough that I am able to accept her assurance there is a Heaven, there is a God and there is much love and peace and beauty awaiting us. The true value of her story comes in her sharing with us, the reader, the many insights, lessons and understanding she gained through her experiences. I highly recommend this book to all. I want a copy on my bookshelf so that I can go back and re-read it over and over again. I'd love to quote so many words of wisdom contained therein; which serve to enhance my life as I ponder on them, and would also be of such value to so many people I know, who continue on this path we call life. If I had to summarize into one sentence, I'd simply say "this is a fantastic book, you've got to read it".

No comments:

Post a Comment